As part of the company’s commitment to deliver an exceptional Client’s Service tailored to our contracts, RUFUS THOMAS & CO. Ltd recently completed a review of the organization and its operation.
The outcome of the review resulted in positives changes to the company’s operating systems and process that will directly benefit service delivery to our clients and customers.
The key tenets of the new arrangements are to provide:
- Absolute accountability for financial control and service delivery
- Maximized efficiency of operations so as to provide best value for our Clients
- Controlled effectiveness of trades, so as to deliver on the agreed service level, timing and quality performance criteria.
- Flexibility, to enable RUFUS THOMAS & CO. Ltd to deliver on the dynamically variable needs of our clients and their customers
• The managing Director assume full responsibility for every activity of the company as such he oversees all operations of the company, provides funds and ensures the display of technologically backed workmanship leading to the delivery of client satisfaction in terms of product functionally serviceability and durability. His effort is however collaborated with the contribution of the first-line managers, Project Manager, Contract Manager and Financial Manager.
• He is responsible for the undertaking of all commercial bids and construction cost activities of the company. He is deeply involved in outsourcing of materials, and workmen, the administration of project cost and sub-contract works.
He is a certified project manager and a member of project management institute. He is to assume the position of overall boss on site and would be saddled with the responsibilities of running the project. He oversees the construction works and attends to the administrative structure. He has the authority of the company to represent our organization in whatever capacity as you may require. Moreover, his duties includes setting-up of site; site capacity build-up; logistic management, interplay of material and human resources, structural stability of the built structure, Quality control and safety of workmen.
He is responsible for all financial and administration matters. He maintains a perfect interface between the company operations and the financial institutions such as Bank, Insurances Companies, Tax Consultancies and Auditor. He is primarily responsible for company financial updates.
He would be responsible to the project manager on his project, prime amongst his duties is to monitor, co-ordinate and supervise all site productions. He is also responsible for implementation of all monitoring & control methodology, generating weekly periodic report for the purpose of appraisal & control, and liaises and awaits instructions/ approval of consultants on technical problems during construction process. Site Engineer is empowered to stand-in for the project manager and represent the interest of the company at all site meetings. He is scheduled to have direct relationship with the Project Quantity Surveyor, the Quality Assurance Officer, the Store Keeper and Workmen.
• He is an engineer and is scheduled to compliment site engineer responsibilities. He would be required to study production information documents, which amongst others include Bill of quantities, Drawings, Specifications, and all other related documents to the execution of this project with a view of taking note of all required specifications, material details, workmanship and interface details that could affect efficient and economic site production
He is responsible for engendering materials, labour and plants requirements for works execution. His duties will primarily include preparation of valuation of work done and project financial statement for the company’s information and attention.